Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rainbow Iceburgs

My older daughter, who just turned 19 months, gets bored with her bath toys fairly easily. So, to mix things up, I tried an ice cube trick I'd seen on another website. So, I gave it a shot. Filled an ice cube tray with water, added food coloring drops to each section, and mixed them up with a knife.

I was so excited to try them out!
 I dumped the whole tray into the tub, so she'd have variety and get the 'excitement factor' full tilt... She did love them, but I learned a few thing:

1. They melt really fast in a warm bath, so next time I'll either add them 2 at a time so the experience lasts longer, or freeze big cubes in a tupperware container.

2. If you do all the colors in the box, like I did, by the time they melt, it looks like someone poured a can of coke into the bath... gross! So, I'll probably just do colors that will mix attractively next time. Blue and Green cubes OR Red and Blue cubes etc. 

However, at the end of it all... they were a hit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment