Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pizza Pizzazz

Often my husband and I go out to eat, and between the (sometimes) appetizer, the salad, the rolls etc, by the time the meal comes, I'm already stuffed! Not that I don't love a good take-home box, really, I do :), but I hate that I usually leave most of a side that is fried, and I do love my fried foods. I love french fries, fried okra, fried mushrooms, fried cauliflower, homemade potato chips, egg rolls, crab rangoon (did I mention I love fried things?) etc., but by the time they've sat in that take-home box overnight, they've turned into a soggy mess. I've put them in the oven, but it tends to just dry them out (unless I'm missing the perfect setting). I ususally end up tossing them outside for the stray cats that wonder by...

Not anymore! Folks, I have found the solution!

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/07/57/41/03/0007574103430_500X500.jpg 

Yup, the handy dandy always faithful Pizza Pizzazz. We've always used it for pizza (duh), chicken patties, garlic bread etc. but that was about it. I had some fried okra and homemade potato chips from our dinner the other night, and really really wanted to try to salvage them. I put them on the Pizzazz with the top and bottom heaters on for 6 minutes... perfection! They were crispy on the outside, and were actually hot on the inside, and NOT dried out! Yummy! Never again will I leave or toss my fried sides!

On the slightly weird side, I put ketchup on my fried okra. My husband, a southern boy, says I'm nuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment